Dr. Prayash Patel was born in Bronx, New York and has spent most of his life in Georgia and Tennessee. He completed his undergraduate studies at Mercer University in with a Bachelor of Science degree in biochemistry. He graduated medical school magna cum laude from Mercer University School of Medicine. He completed residency in Neurological Surgery at the University of Tennessee Health and Science center in conjunction with the Semmes-Murphy Neurosciences Clinic and completed fellowship training in Complex Spine and Minimally Invasive Techniques for Degenerative Spinal Disorders at Southmead Hospital, in Bristol, England. Dr. Patel works with a multidisciplinary team including pharmacy and pain management services to take optimal care of patients. He is an active member of the American Association for Neurological Surgeons, Southern Neurosurgical Society and Tennessee Neurosurgical Society. In his free time, Dr. Patel enjoys traveling, bicycling, fly-fishing, and hiking with his wife, Megan and their dog.
- Minimally Invasive Treatment of Spinal Disorders
- Complex spinal procedures including use of computer assisted navigation techniques for spinal fusion and cervical disc replacement.
- Adult Brain Surgery, including brain tumors
- Traumatic Brain and Spine Surgery
- Pituitary Adenoma
- Carpal Tunnel and Ulnar Nerve Surgery
- Emerging Biomechanical Treatment of Spinal Disorders
Areas of Expertise:
- Degenerative spinal disorders
- Minimally invasive techniques for spine
Medical School: Mercer University School of Medicine — Macon, GA
Residency: UT Health and Science Center-Semmes-Murphey Neurologic and Spine Institute — Memphis, TN
Fellowship: Southmead Hospital, North Bristol Trust, NHS, Complex Spine and Minimally Invasive Techniques for Degenerative Spine Disorders — Bristol, United Kingdom
To schedule an appointment, call 423-265-2233.