Education and Training:
Dr. Peter Boehm graduated from Baylor school in Chattanooga TN. He completed undergraduate studies at the University of Virginia in 1965 with a BA in psychology. He graduated from the University of Tennessee College of Medicine in 1970. He continued his training at the University of Tennessee, completing internship at the City of Memphis hospital and the VAMC. He spent an additional 4 years of training in Neurosurgery residency, completing his studies in 1978.
Dr. Boehm then returned home to Chattanooga to join his father at the Neurosurgical Group of Chattanooga. He developed an immediate interest in pediatric neurosurgery and was appointed the medical director of the Boehm Birth Defects Center, a position he has held for several years.
- Pediatric Neurosurgery
- Adult Spine Surgery
- Adult Brain Surgery
- Pituitary Adenoma
- Carpal Tunnel and Ulnar nerve decompression
- American Board of Neurological Surgeons, Board Certified
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Chattanooga-Hamilton County Medical Society
- American Medical Association
- Tennessee Neurosurgical Society
- Southern Neurosurgical Society
- Surgeons Club of Chattanooga
- Neurosurgical Society of America
Dr. Boehm and his wife Susan have four children. His social interests include golf, swimming, and outdoor activities.